1. One fine day - in early May, I did a funny trick -
Right outside in the middle of my lawn ...
I planted a lollipop stick -
2. And every day I pulled the weeds - and watered it carefully -
I had hope that it would grow - to be a lollipop tree!
CHORUS: Ho ho ho - you and me - oh what a joy to be
under the lollipop, lollipop, lollipop ...
lolly, lolly, lollipop tree!
3. My mommy smiled and hugged me tight and then she said to me -
"My dearest one - a paper stick can't grow into a tree!"
But every day, I pulled the weeds, and watered it carefully -
'Cause I had hope that it would grow to be a lollipop tree!
4. Then one day I went outside, and right before my eyes -
A strawberry bud .. and a grape one too ..
and a gumdrop leaf, besides!
And all summer long, I pulled the weeds and watered it carefully -
I had a lollipop everyday - from off my lollipop tree!
5. When autumn came, the leaves turned brown, and they began to fall!
My lollipop tree lost every leaf ... lollipop ... and all!
So .. I told my friends from blocks around
that they should come and see -
And help to eat all the lollipops from off my lollipop tree!
6. One sad evening, winter came - with icy wind to blow -
He didn't see my lollipop tree ... so he covered it up with snow.
And tho I searched and searched the yard -
and shoveled it carefully -
I never never found the place where I planted my lollipop tree!
7. But - come one day next early May - I'll do a funny trick!
Right outside in the middle of my lawn -
I'll plant another lollipop stick!
And every day I'll pull the weeds and water it carefully -
I'll have hope that it will grow to be a lollipop tree!