1. Star light, star bright . . the first star I've seen tonight.
Wish I may, wish I might, have the wish I'm wishing tonight . .
2. Star light, star bright. My dearie . . go dreaming!
A trail of golden poppies . . shining stars to light your way
back (home.) (end . . welcome you home!)
1. Sleep little dearie . . Sleep little one!
Rolling hills, all grass and poppies
shining golden like the sunrise.
2. Dream little dearie . . Dream little one!
Golden hills of grass and poppies . .
like a sunrise, they will lead you (home.) (end . . Welcome home!)
C. Summer Night Sky
1. Starry, starry! Dark is calling **Sirius, Aldebaron,
Shaula, Kochab, Po, Mimosa,
Merak, Rigel, Mirazem. So
2. starry, starry! Far Antares,
Castor, Atria, Polaris . .
call my dearie home to me! (end . . Welcome home!)
1. Home . . to poppies and rolling hills,
all golden shining! (end . . Welcome home!)
Dearest singers . . this is a MIX n MATCH song. Which basically means . .
ANY section can get sung with any other . . Or alone . . Or all together . .
AND, the sections can get sung in any octave! It (the song) can be repeated
in any shape and begun on any part. In other words . . build this one to your
very own heart's desire! (ex. B, BA, AC, ABC, ABCD ... or, C, AC, CB, ('ABCD, etc)
(. . Speaking of HEARTS . . WARNING! Tonalities demand SCRUPULOUS RIGHT ONness!
Do not practice this piece in the presence of anyone with a pacemaker! Once perfected . . AHHH!)
** These are some of the stars visible on a given summer's night over Sonoma . .
This is just a speaking of their names.