By Jan Harmon
words and music © 1985
CHORUS: Now, don't you wonder why ..
All this world around ..
People starve, while corn and wheat ..
Lie rotting on the ground?
1. Now a volunteer came by .. just the other day.
She said, "Folks in Ethiopia are in a desparate way."
Then she handed me a paper sack and said, "Won't you fill this, please?
Any extra food you have will be welcome overseas."
2. So I went into my kitchen .. to see what I cold spare.
I found some Whoppie Pies, some Ding Dongs, and a bag of Gummy Bears.
There was Bacon Bits, some Ritz, a Schlitz .. Little Debbie
Snackin' Cakes ..
Sugar Smacks, some Hungry Jack, and a box of Shake 'N Bake.
3. I threw in some vitamin fortified imitation real cranberry-flavored
A few HoHos, Raviolios, Mocha Decaf with CoffeeMate.
And out in the car, I found a jar of Salsa from Ensenada ..
Tortilla chips, enchilada dip, and a mix for Piña Colada ..
4. Well, I got awful hungry from all my generosity.
So I went and popped a Lean Cuisine in the Microwave for me.
And then, I sat and wondered, as I munched an Oreo ..
"What's it like to be hungry .. without a Stop 'N Go?"
5. Of course, "hunger's not a problem here," our government repeats ..
(Long as we've got) Hamburger Helper and Coke with NutraSweet ..
Long as there's Chef Boyardee with M.S.G. .. Stove-Top Instant
Chris and Pitts, and a gift certificate for Egg McMuffin.